Tuesday May 28, 2019
When your sink is clogged, you need a plumber who can get to your house as soon as possible. When you're moving, you need a company you can trust to take care of your belongings.
As a plumber or moving company, it's difficult to reach and convert local customers just through Google text ads.
That's exactly why Google has created Local Service Ads - to connect searchers with trusted businesses from their community!
Local Service Ads are Game Changers!
Imagine getting double your current number of calls a week from new leads in your area. The rate in which lead generation happens is quite fast. These new leads are ready to set up appointments as soon as they contact you. To get those leads, you didn't have to learn how to use a bunch of tools, set-up marketing campaigns, or spend money on paid ads.
With Local Service Ads you're able to:
- Start getting qualified leads right away without ads or campaigns
- Get qualified leads in your area
- Pay ONLY for qualified leads, not clicks
Local Service Ads take the risk out of advertising on Google!
What are Local Service Ads?
Unlike Google's Paid Ads and organic listings, Local Service Ads are designed to match searchers to local companies first. Local Service Ads appear above paid ads and organic listings and display business hours, ratings, and reviews.
When a searcher enters a relevant query like "Tampa plumber," Google offers the searcher several options of plumbers in Tampa. Once a searcher clicks a business, they're asked to confirm their location and industry need. Basically, it is a simplified approach to lead generation.
If they're a good match for that business, Google will show them the business' details. If they're not a good match, they'll be taken back to review other businesses.
What are the benefits of Local Service Ads?
1. Avoid ads, landing pages, and keywords.
With Local Service Ads, you don't need ads, landing pages, or keywords. All you have to do is create a complete business profile with Local Service Ads (more on that later), and Google will use the information in the profile to create ads.
2. Pay per lead.
With Google AdWords, you pay for all ad clicks, regardless of whether or not they become leads. Local Service Ads are designed to get you more qualified leads. Google only charges you for the leads you get, which saves you money and brings higher returns.
3. Increase trust.
Since Google guarantees satisfaction to searchers with the Google Guarantee, your business benefits from being listed in Local Service Ads. Plus, Google favors businesses who have more reviews, so your business' glowing record will be on display!
4. Expand your reach.
Local Service Ads don't replace the Paid Ads or organic listings you already have. They're meant to boost your existing Google presence so customers can find you in even more places!
Even better, Local Service Ads work with Google Assistant so customers can find you with voice searches. You can now show up in the 20% of searches that come from voice searches and reach the 400 million devices that use Google Assistant.
How can I get started with Local Service Ads?
1. Create your account
Since Local Service Ads are separate from Google AdWords and Google Ads Express, you'll create a separate account for Local Service Ads. Before you set up your account, you'll need to confirm your eligibility. Currently, Local Service Ads are only available for certain areas and industries. Google is working on expanding Local Service Ads, so if your industry or location isn't currently available, it may be added soon!
Local Service Ads Areas
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA
- Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Sacramento--Roseville--Arden-Arcade, CA
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX
- San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- St. Louis, MO-IL
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
Local Service Ads Industries
- Garage Door
- Air Duct Cleaner*
- Appliance Repair Service*
- Auto Glass Service*
- Auto Service Technician*
- Carpet Cleaner*
- Event Planner*
- Home Improvement Pro*
- House Cleaner*
- Junk Removal Provider*
- Lawn Care Provider*
- Pest Control Technician*
- Pet Care Provider*
- Pet Groomer*
- Roadside Assistance Service*
- Tree Service Provider*
- Upholstery Cleaner*
- Water Damage Service Provider*
- Window Cleaner*
- Window Service Provider*
*Not all services are supported in all markets.
2. Set up your business profile.
The information in your profile determines what customers see about you and which customers you're matched with. Be specific and clear about your service area and ideal customer. Remember - you pay per lead so you want to make sure the leads you get are the ones you want! It's also helpful when dealing with works related to lead generation.
3. Add license and proof of insurance.
To show up in Local Service Ads, Google requires that you be licensed and insured. You can add proof of your licensing and insurance in your business profile. Plus, Google requires that all of your service professionals have background checks, which are provided free of charge.
4. Manage leads, budget and ranking.
Local Service Ads are designed to get you qualified leads, but you still have to close the deal! In your business profile dashboard, you can review and follow up with leads by replying through email or te, calling them, or declining them. You can also adjust your weekly and monthly budget, and increase your ad's rank. Your rank is determined by the following factors:
- Proximity to searchers' locations.
- Reviews - your overall score and the number you've received.
- Responsiveness to customer inquiries.
- Hours and Availability.
- Number of complaints about your business.
Get More Reviews on Google
To increase the number of reviews you have, you can individually invite existing customers to leave reviews. Learn more about how reviews work with Local Service Ads here!
We hope you benefit from Local Service Ads! Are Google Ads currently part of your marketing strategy? Learn more about successful ad strategy, how to improve your Google Adwords, and how landing pages can turn leads into sales in our blogs!