Monday February 11, 2019
Are you feeling like it's impossible to specifically know your target audience? You're not alone. But learning more about your customers is not as hard as you think, and it can help you develop your message and strategy. There are several strategies you can use such as the content advertising strategy and content marketing strategy.
The first step is to narrow down your audience to the point that allows you to select the applicable marketing channels and create a brand persona or a representative model of your prototypical customer. Applying the content advertising strategy or content marketing strategy should also be of great use here.
How do you gather data to craft your buyer persona? You can develop surveys, utilize user testing, conduct customer interviews in person or over the phone, etc.
When gathering this information, it's important to ask these core questions about your ideal buyer, such as these from Hubstaff:
- What are their motivations and fears?
- How do they prefer to make purchases?
- How much research do they do and what kind of content is useful to them?
- How do they interact with brands? What do they prefer the relationship to look like?
- Who do they look to when they're making decisions? Who influences them?
- Where do they hang out? How can you reach them?
- What type of language do they use?
After doing this research, you'll be better prepared to choose social media channels and create messaging. What's even better is that you get to learn about content advertising strategy and content marketing strategy. Intrigued but not sure where to get started? Contact us for help!